Energy Harvesting Shields for WiFi Micro – Part 2

I finally received the components form element14 and in a couple of days i also soldered the ics and the passives etc and did some preliminary tests. I am delighted to tell you that the preliminary tests were a success. Over the next few weeks i will do some more extensive tests to check its performance in various situations and record the performance.

I had never soldered smd ics before (i did solder a few smd sensors, but they were really easy to solder) so when i started soldering the BQ25570 board i actually screwed up 3 of them. It was the 4th and the 5th boards that were successful. Gaining from the experience of soldering BQ25570 i was able to solder BQ25505 in the first go 😀 .

Here are the assembled pieces –

DSC02349DSC02359DSC02338 DSC02357 IMG_20160310_001339_HDR[1]

AND IT WORKS 😀

Web-2

SOME PRELIMINARY TEST RESULTS

I am sorry to say that i forgot to mark the graphs for what measurements they were showing. I will do that when i post the more extensive results.

000 001 003 005 006 007 008

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s